23 November 2007

buon thanksgiving


yay for unconventional holidays!!
so instead of stressing over the basting of turkey and mashing potatoes and what type of stuffing everyone likes,
my family and i decided to head to san francisco for our thanksgiving. it was quite nice i must say..at first we went to this irish pub/resturant called O'Reily's, but then was discouraged when we found out the meal served that night was $39.99..per person.

yeah

so we walked a little ways down the street to a well-liked italians restaurant Mona Lisa and i had a chicken caesar salad
no one had anything remotely turkey-èsque

although, thanksgiving has to have some weird twist in it to make it complete.
priorly scheduled that morning,
we where going to go see my aunt,uncle&cousin along with my grandma who my parents haven't seen for..a while
it was nice to see them and everyone was very warm and welcoming
you're probably waiting for something to go wrong..but in the big picture, nothing did, so that's all good.
although i think the higlight of my evening was
not the light banter of cathing up with my aunt
nor the curses underscorerd with the USC football game (cliché iknow)
but the fact that my grandma of 70-something took a hit in Amsterdam during her 10 hour layover on her way to Ciro
yessir
that's pot i'm talking about

good for her though
i found it amusing

so that's my thanksgiving

hope you're was enjoyable

No comments: