26 April 2007

like it or not


As i sit here, i realize that im very much the stereotypical gay guy. Or am i? have i been so "out and proud" that i've molded myself to whatever is considered "gay" to make up for those who arn't? i wont deny the fact that fashion, europe and Madonna are my favorite things in the world, but what about what defines me as a person? My mannerisms, the way i talk, how i conduct myself with others and the like; are they really me? i think for the most part, the answer is "yes", but have i exaggerated it to show everyone that i'm gay? i can't say that i wouldn't be surprised if this where true, i mean you see it everyday. the jocks aren't born talking the way they do, and the same with black people; granted their parents may talk with that stereotypical accent, but they choose to talk like that and adopt that quality because the have a sense of pride when they do; they want to be known that they are proud of their culture. the same would apply to me, i guess, although it's always nice to realize that you aren't the same person you see over and over again in the media. i may dress well, have more 'fem' qualities then your average man, have burning desires to work in fashion, relate to my girlfriends more than the football-star, may be a little more flirtatious then people might like, and so on. But i still am who i am: Kiernan. This noun may have many more descriptions that apply to it, whatever those might be, but its still one person. Me. I am what i am and proud of it. Take it or leave it folks.

*muah*

No comments: